Mountain activities & hiking in Tyrol
Mountaineering and climbing in Berwang
The Berwang Valley is one of the most beautiful areas for walking in the whole of Tyrol. Experience unspoilt nature, incomparable landscapes, species-rich environments and majestic peaks that are easily accessible from the Singer Sporthotel & SPA along gloriously marked hiking trails and mountain routes. The Zugspitz Arena is a favourite destination for mountaineers and alpinists. It’s no surprise, then, that the region surrounding the Singer Sporthotel & SPA is located among Tyrol’s most beautiful mountain peaks. But you don’t have to head high into the Alps for stunning views. The network of over 500km of footpaths and Nordic walking trails leads more leisurely walkers to scenic waterfalls, mysterious mountain lakes and botanical marvels enhanced by culinary and cultural discoveries.
Walking holidays in the Tyrolean Zugspitz Arena
Beautiful walks to suit all fitness levels start on the Singer Sporthotel & SPA’s doorstep. Singer’s top tips for Alpine athletes and the best walking routes at a glance:
- Fallerschein: a 30-40-minute, pushchair-friendly walk from the A-road turn-off between Stanzach and Namlos
- Ehenbichler Alm: walking time from Rinnen approx. 1.5 hours; via Rieden near Weissenbach approx. 2.5 to 3 hours
- Kögele Hütte: walking time approx. 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Hochalm: walking time approx. 1 hour; 268m elevation gain
- Biligweg: walking time approx. 1 hour; pushchair-friendly
Rotlech waterfall: walking time approx. 1.25 hours; 172m elevation gain
- Mitteregg nature trail: walking time approx. 1 hour
Find more tips on the Tyrolean Zugspitz Arena route portal
As the local expression goes, hiking is the miller’s delight – and it’s ours too! This is why our guests enjoy Alpine treks and leisurely hikes from spring to autumn.
Guided walks as part of our activity programme
- Free ‘Alpine flowers & herbs’ walk with our SPA director
- Torchlit and moonlit walks
- Guided walks with our hiking guide (charge applies)
- Private guiding is also available on request (charge applies)
- Singer’s walkers’ kit, including hiking poles, a rucksack (which can also be supplied with food) and a walking map, is available at reception
- Singer’s walkers’ kit is included in our walking packages
Hurry and rush are not part of the Berwang way of life. As you make your way through the hiking and cycling paradise of Berwang you enjoy encounters with a traditional way of life, warm Tyrolean hospitality and an incomparable natural world. Take advantage of the cable cars in Berwang – where everyone can reach their destinations as well as great heights. The Z-Ticket gives you free access to cable cars during summer opening times.
Mountaineering and climbing
Reaching the summit… The Tyrolean Zugspitz Arena offers Alpine climbers and mountaineers a plethora of rock formations, climbing gardens and via ferratas suitable for all levels. Many climbs and routes’ exposure to the south makes them accessible early in the morning.
Routes in Berwang
- Berwang – Thaneller: 4.5 km | 2.75 hours | 2,302m | difficult
- Berwang – Schlierewand from Kelmen: 3.8 km | 3.5 hours | 2,186m | moderate
- Berwang – Engelspitze from Namlos: 3.4 km | 4 hours | 2,246m | difficult
- Berwang – Loreakopf from Berwang via Äplestal and the Roter Stein: 11.1 km | 8.5 hours | 2,434m | difficult
- Berwang – Hönig and Sattelkopf from Rinnen: 4.1 km | 3 hours | 2,011m | moderate
- Berwang – Schlierewand from Rotlechsäge: 4.5 km | 3.5 hours | 2,171m | difficult
- Berwang – Steinkarspitze from Kelmen: 5.1 km | 4 hours | 2,188m | difficult
- Berwang – Almkopf: 4 km | 2.5 hours | 1,791m | moderate