In 1932, only four years after the hotel was completed, the ‘Kleines Haus’ (small house) was added to accommodate the growing number of guests. During the war years, the hotel served as a rest and spa home for the German Luftwaffe. In 1950, the annex was connected to the main building by a hall with a reception and lobby. When the ‘Singer Stub’n’ was opened in 1975, the hotel gained not only a culinary meeting place but also a nightclub with live band performances that literally ‘set toes a-tapping’. Not long afterwards in 1978, the house was extended by an additional, fourth floor with new rooms and an alpine style roof, which was more in keeping with the building and gave the hotel the characteristic appearance we still enjoy today. A number of conversions followed in rapid succession: in 1980 the new restaurant with a pine room and bar, in 1982 the first small spa area, in 1984 a brand-new kitchen with additional storage and the new wine cellar. In 1986 spacious comfort rooms and suites in premium pine timber were added to the original hotel of 1928. A comfortable house for our staff was built in 1988, and since 1990 the guests of the hotel, which is part of the Relais & Châteaux association, are welcomed in an impressive entrance hall with a glorious staircase that leads to the cosy and stylishly furnished gallery and fireplace lounge.